Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
OpenAthens: Creating Athenized Links
Use OpenAthens' Athenizer to create links to the Logan Library's electronic resources.
1. Connect to https://go.openathens.net/generate/rose-hulman.edu/80243163.
2. Copy and paste a persistent link (URL) to an electronic article, book, or standard to be Athenized in the box. The new link will be automatically generated.
3. Copy the new Athenized link (URL) to your document.
4. Always test you Athenized links before sharing them.
EBSCO and ProQuest URLs do not need to be Athenized.
OpenAthens: Link Not Working
If you have created a link that doesn't seem to work, please contact Amy Harshbarger. She will try to get it working right away.
If you are using an Athenized e-resource for more than eight (8) hours, you may be asked to authenticate again using Rose-Hulman single sign-on option.
OpenAthens: Creating Athenized Links for EBSCO and ProQuest
Note that the following providers are not Athenized.
Instead, these providers use a customer id in the links to direct you to our account; just be sure these strings are in your links.
- Example: https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?custid=s8876326&authtype=shib&direct=stur&scope=site&db=nlebk&db&AN=
- ProQuest e-books
- Example: https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/rosehulman-ebooks/detail.action?docID=