Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Need a Book We Don't Have?
Chemical Engineering Call Numbers: Dewey Decimal & Library of Congress
540s - Chemistry & Allied Sciences - QD
620s - Engineering General - TA1-2040
660.293 - Chemical Engineering - TP155-156
Interactive STEM Equations
Knovel Interactive Equations (Elsevier)
Hundreds of validated engineering equations that engineers can search through, solve and share in a variety of formats.
Explore material properties using DataVis,an AccessEngineering interactive data visualization tool. Save time and ensure accuracy by using our calculator tools to solve frequently used engineering equations. Use thousands of interactive graphs and downloadable tables make it easy to analyze essential engineering data and confidently use it in real-world projects. Learn step-by-step solutions to real-world engineering problems by viewing 900+ instructional videos that were created exclusively for AccessEngineering by engineering faculty.
Electronic Book Collections
AccessEngineering An engineering reference tool that provides seamless access to a collection of critical and, regularly updated engineering reference information, most notably over 650 reference and handbooks. AccessEngineering also comprises dynamic online features, such as instructional videos, interactive tables and charts, as well as personalization tools allowing users to organize crucial project information as they work.
ACM eBook Collection The series includes books from across the entire spectrum of computer science subject matter, appealing to computing practitioners, researchers, educators, and students. The series will initially focus on four kinds of books: graduate level textbooks; research monographs that provide an overview of established and emerging fields; practitioner level professional books; and books devoted to the history and social impact of computing.
ASCE Civil Engineering Database (NOW including eBooks and Standards) ASCE's electronic information retrieval service to all its publications published. Full-text access is available for e-journals from 1872 to the present and for e-books from 1985 to the present. The latest e-standards are also available.
ASME Digital Library ASME provides full text access to all Transactions Journals from 1990 to the present, ASME e-books from 1992-2019, and abstracts to Conference Proceedings from 2002 to the present.
EBSCOhost eBook Collection A collection of eBooks from EBSCOhost.
IEEE E-Books Description of this database.
Knovel Online Books A collection of 800+ online reference and text books for science and engineering. Browse by title or search all titles or subject groups for needed information in multiple disciplines. Subject areas include engineering, chemistry, materials science, biochemistry, biology & biotechnology, environmental engineering, and more.
ProQuest (eBrary) eBook Central ProQuest provides an intuitive eBook system that allows access to academic eBooks in all major disciplines. Books can be downloaded to specific eReaders like Kindles and Nooks, and tablets like the iPad and Android based devices.
ScienceDirect STEM eBook Collections The Logan Library is participating an evidence-based selection program of Elsevier ScienceDirect e-books. Between now and April 30, 2022, Rose-Hulman students and employees have unlimited access to over 5,000 full-text e-books. These e-books are DRM-free and were published between 2017 and the present and focus on:
Agricultural, Biological, and Food Sciences, Biochemistry, Genetics and Molecular, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Science and Medicine, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Computer Science, Earth and Planetary Sciences, Energy
Engineering, Environmental Science, Finance, Forensics and Security, Immunology and Microbiology, Materials Science, Mathematical Sciences, Mathematics, Mathematics and Computing, Neuroscience, Pharmacology, Toxicology and Pharmaceutical Science, Psychology, Social Sciences, and Veterinary Medicine.
SPIE Digital LIbrary The SPIE Digital Library is the largest collection of optics and photonics applied research in the world and includes more than 430,000 technical papers from 10 peer-reviewed journals, SPIE e-books from 1989-2018, and SPIE conference proceedings.
Springer Nature eBooks and Journal Backfiles To Access subscribed content:
1. Click on a discipline in the browse by discipline box.
2. Uncheck the Include Preview-Only content box.
on the left hand side of the results screen.
NOTE: Journal Back-files available up to 1996 ONLY / eBooks available up to the 2021 publication year.
Taylor and Francis STEM eBook Collections The Logan Library provides unlimited access to many Taylor & Francis e-books on general engineering, chemical engineering, civil engineering, and mechanical engineering. These e-books are DRM free.
Chemical Engineering Reference Books
- Concise Encyclopedia of Chemistry, 1993. (Knovel)
- Encyclopedia of Chemical Physics and Physical Chemistry, Vol. 1-3, 2001. (Knovel)
- Encyclopedia of Chemical Processing and Design, 1976-2002. (660.28003 En19c)
- Encyclopedia of Food Sciences and Nutrition, 2nd, 2003. (ScienceDirect)
- Encyclopedia of Food Security and Sustainability, 2019. (ScienceDirect)
- Encyclopedia of Food Chemistry, 2019. (ScienceDirect)
- Encyclopedia of Sustainable Technologies, 2017. (ScienceDirect)
- Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology, 2021. (Wiley)
- Merck Index: An Encyclopedia of Chemicals, Drugs, and Biologicals, 15th, 2013. (615.103 M537i 2013)
- Albright's Chemical Engineering Handbook, 2008. (Taylor & Francis)
- Chemical Engineering: The Essential Reference, 2014. (AccessEngineering)
- Chemical Properties Handbook, 1999. (AccessEngineering)
- Chemical Process and Design Handbook, 2002. (AccessEngineering)
- Chemical Technicians' Ready Reference Handbook, 5th ed., 2011. (AccessEngineering)
- Chemical Technicians’ Ready Reference Handbook, 5th ed., 2011. (542 B192c 2011)
- Chemistry of the Elements, 2nd ed., 1997. (Knovel)
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, 102nd ed., 2021. (e-book)
- Dean's Analytical Chemistry Handbook, 2nd ed., 2004. (AccessEngineering)
- Dean’s Analytical Chemistry Handbook, 2nd ed., 2004. (543 D286a 2004)
- General Chemistry, 3rd ed.1970. (Knovel)
- Handbook of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 4th ed., 2010. (572 H236b)
- Handbook of Chemical Engineering Calculations, 4th ed. (AccessEngineering)
- Handbook of Industrial Chemistry and Biotechnology, 13th ed. (SpringerLink)
- Handbook of Physical Properties of Organic Chemicals, 1997. (547 H236o)
- Industrial Solvents Handbook, 5th ed. (Knovel)
- Lange’s Handbook of Chemistry, 17th ed., 2016. (AccessEngineering)
- Lange’s Handbook of Chemistry, 16th ed., 2005. (Ref. 540.202.L261h 2005)
- Materials Processing Handbook, 2007. (EBSCOhost)
- Math for Chemists, 2012. (Knovel)
- Organic Chemistry, 2nd ed., 2012. (AccessEngineering)
- Organic Chemistry, Vol. 1, 2nd ed., 1951. (Knovel)
- Organic Chemistry, Vol. 2, 2nd ed., 1951. (Knovel)
- Perry's Chemical Engineers' Handbook, 8th ed., 2008. (AccessEngineering)
- Perry’s Chemical Engineers’ Handbook, 8th ed., 2008 (660 P429c 2008)
- Perry's Chemical Engineers' Handbook, 9th ed. (AccessEngineering)
- Polymer Science: A Comprehensive Reference. (ScienceDirect)
- Rules of Thumb for Chemical Engineers, 6th ed. (Knovel)
- Yaw’s Critical Property Data for Chemical Engineers and Chemists, 2014. (Knovel)
- Yaws' Handbook of Thermodynamic and Physical Properties of Chemical Compounds, 2003. (Knovel)
- Other Reference
- Style Guide
Core Reference Books
Perry's Chemical Engineers' Handbook, 9th Edition by Now in its 85th Anniversary Edition, this industry-standard resource has equipped generations of engineers and chemists with vital information, data and insights. Thoroughly revised to reflect the latest technological advances and processes, Perry's Chemical Engineers' Handbook, 9e provides unsurpassed coverage of every aspect of chemical engineering. it includes comprehensive details on chemical processes, reactor modelling, biological processes, biochemical and membrane separation, process and chemical plant safety, and more. This fully updated edition covers: * Unit Conversion Factors and Symbols * Physical and Chemical Data * Thermodynamics * Heat and Mass Transfer * Fluid and Particle Dynamics * Reaction Kinetics * Process Control and Instrumentation * Process Economics * Transport and Storage of Fluids * Heat Transfer Operations and Equipment * Psychrometry, Evaporative Cooling and Solids Drying * Distillation * Gas Absorption and Gas-Liquid System Design * Liquid-Liquid Extraction Operations and Equipment * Adsorption and Ion Exchange * Gas-Solid Operations and Equipment * Liquid-Solid Operations and Equipment * Solid-Solid Operations and Equipment * Chemical Reactors * Bio-based Reactions and Processing * Waste Management * Process Safety * Energy Resources, Conversion and Utilisation * Materials of Construction
Publication Date: 2018-08-29
CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics by In a world with access to unlimited amounts of data, how can users who need to make critical scientific and technical decisions find high quality, reliable data? Today, more than ever, the CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physicsremains a hallmark of quality. For over 100 years, the Handbook has provided property data on chemical compounds and all physical particles that have been reported in the literature, carefully reviewed by subject experts. Every year older collections are updated with the latest values and new areas will be added as science progresses. All data are reviewed and evaluated by subject matter experts Chemical names and property units are standardized, and structures are provided for most substances Over 380 property tables included Contains important information on data-related subjects such as chemical and laboratory safety, and nomenclature
Publication Date: 2020-06-05
Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology by The Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology presents a wide scope of articles on chemical substances—including their properties, manufacturing, and uses. It also focuses on industrial processes and unit operations in chemical engineering, as well as covering fundamentals and scientific subjects related to the field. Additionally, environmental and health issues concerning chemical technology are also addressed.
Publication Date: 2021
Yaws' Critical Property Data for Chemical Engineers and Chemists by Yaws' Critical Property Data for Chemical Engineers and Chemists provides access to a wide spectrum of substances, materials and their properties in an easy-to-use interactive database format.
This database contains almost 450,000 data records covering physical, thermophysical, thermodynamic, transport, safety, and environmental properties for over 5000 inorganic substances and over 35,000 organic substances. Coverage also includes solutions, refrigerants, mixtures, building and insulation materials, superheated, saturated, and subcooled fluids, and pure metals and alloys.
Publication Date: 2012-07-16